In 2015, IBIO was selected to undertake a regional representation for the Atlantic Forest Restoration Pact and act as the executive secretary in Espírito Santo and the Rio Doce River Basin. This model of governance, focused on a local and regional scale, has the objective of contributing to the development of actions and strategies on a broader scale. IBIO joined the Pact in 2010.
Its main activities include:
- Providing support for diagnostics in the restoration supply chain;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of professional training programs, expanding on the knowledge of restoration and related issues;
- Addressing public and private policies at the state or regional level when relevant to restoration;
- Providing support in the management of information and data production relevant to restoration projects;
- Aiding in the dissemination of strategies, tools, actions and information concerning the Pact;
- Implementing the Strategic Plan for Forest Restoration in the State of Espírito Santo.