In 2014, IBIO joined efforts with Sociedade Civil Espírito Santo and PUC-Minas University to draw up a Territorial Development Plan (TDP) for the area under the influence of the State Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Piedade, in Minas Gerais.
The main actions undertaken:
- Gathering information for the preparation of territorial diagnostics and defining the boundaries of the territory of influence of the State Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Piedade;
- Environmental and productive zoning (Zoneamento Ambiental e Produtivo – ZAP) of the territory established as the project’s coverage area;
- Mapping and analysis of stakeholders through interviews and a seminar;
- Partner Training in ZAP by way of a workshop;
- Workshop to address the issue of tourism with local stakeholders;
- Writing a term of reference for the preparation of an Integrated Management Program on the Territory of Influence of the State Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Piedade.