This project initiated in 2010 and aims to restore 224 hectares of rainforest in the Piraquara sector of the Pedra Branca State Park, located in the metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro. It is funded by Petrobras and has a partnership with the State Environmental Institute (INEA-RJ).
Its main actions are:
- The recruitment and training of workers among residents of the surrounding communities;
- The acquisition of native species of the Atlantic Forest in local plant nurseries;
- Implementation and maintenance of the planted area;
- Fire prevention and firefighting efforts;
- Monitoring of reforestation processes;
- Collaboration with the state environmental agency.